Monday, March 8, 2010

Russian Polish Wars Project Update (and Revolutionary Austria)

Hi folks,

I've made some great progress over the weekend.

More artillery was put on the assembly line for both my Russian Potemkin forces and my Polish\Lithuanian forces. I should have two heavy batteries, and two light batteries done for the Russians within a week. Plus two light batteries for the Polish forces. I think I will make a Heavy Polish (12#) battery even though the Poles never had these in the field, but I could use them in the defense of Warsaw (Praga) battle. This project is too much fun!

Because we are running a HUGE French Revolutionary battle I have to put flags on my 26 regiments of Austrian infantry. I've knocked out 10 this morning and hope to finish the rest this evening. I'm sure I will have them done by Wednesday's game. Took some photos of the battle setup already as Hal's French Army is so unique. He must have at least 20 different manufacturers of figures in his collection. I believe he has the best French\Vendeen Collection in 15mm in the world.

I bought my Austrians at Historicon to fight my Ottomans (1788-1791), but they will also fit in nicely with Hal's French Republicans.

Obviously, I will post some photos of this game later on. :-)

I also played in a Siege of Vienna game over the last weekend and had a great time. I will post photos of that too.

Good gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment