Thursday, February 25, 2010

Polish Russian War of 1792 and Polish Insurrection 1794

Well, I've been bit by the bug of these particular conflicts and have decided to actually put some effort into this period, since there is sooo little out there on that actual conflicts in the wargaming world.

By using wikipedia (Polish version) and the help of some friends in Poland I have garnered a lot of history and OOB information on the two wars.

My project goals are the following:
1. Create a 15mm Polish\Lithuanian Army to fight my Russians (in process)
2. Gather historical notes and OOB (in process)
3. Create Piquet "ready play" scenarios for all the major battles. (in process) I will upload these scenarios to the Yahoo groups for Piquet and the Polish Wars groups as I complete them.
4. Investigate the ability to create a Theatre of War (Piquet Campaign Rules) campaign game for both wars. I have two good maps that should lend themselves to play.

This should be a lot of fun. The scenario design will likely work for other periods I'm working on. The layout of the rosters for them should be ideal for any Piquet gamer.

Eric

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fascinating (if obscure) project
    Looking forward to seeing it develop

    ReplyDelete