Sunday, March 12, 2023

Siege of Augusta 2023

Siege of Augusta

We really had a wonderful time at Siege of Augusta this year in Augusta, GA. I arrived with my new gaming fellows from the Wilmington, NC area and met up with all the lads from Charlotte area. It was like getting the band back together. :-) Siege was packed with people this year and it was wonderful to see so many recognizable faces. I think I personally knew about 30+ other convention goers.



Chris, at his first minis convention, fit right in. Started with Martian Walkers vs US Army game.


Picked up some siege related games from Blue Panther: Siege of Khartum, Siege of Queratero, and 55 Days in Peking.


Bill K, made a adjustment to my badge!



Great game of Conan run by Wes (gaming pal from Charlotte). Conan, played by me, was LESS than impressive and managed to whiff the critical roll and the Princess was killed due to that. Still a great game. Wes always paints his figures to the highest quality.


Demon kills the Princess after Conan (me) misses him completely!


Played Gunfight Royale with my Wilmington, NC crew and had a blast with that little gem of a game.





There was a KIngs of War tournament room with amazing minis! 



Wes (left) and Chris (top right) playing in the Roman\Gallic battle with Wes' collection.



Gorgeous terrain boards throughout the convention. The one blow just made me say, "damnnnnn".


This one below blew me away.





Gangster games were rampant throughout the convention.





One of the highlights was John's (Atlanta crew) running a Zombie Hell game. Complete blast, but as usual I was less than stellar with my two characters. At least one survived due to EVERYBODY coming to help me!



We randomly rolled to see if we parachuted in or landed in dingies from submarines. I came in via launch from the sub.


Here are my two characters: medic and nco. John paints amazing figures!


Getaway vehicle?


Hey, stop rocking the boat!


My typical die rolling exposed! 


My first search turns up a YETI AND VAMPIRE! WTF!!!


Everybody coming to help me! 


My medic was killed. We did succeed in our mission of getting the scientist off the board in the Stuka. 


Next, was my first Walking Dead (20mm) style game run by Mike (VA crew) and it was spectacular!!! I'll play this one anytime. Mike let us keep our Character sheet to bring to the next game!








Undead mob


I rescued 3 citizens from the zombie invested hospital all by myself. The other players left me behind while rushing to the main objective.




Finally, after returning to Southport, NC, Bill K and I played Fire & Stone siege of Vienna game which was very clever and fun. I'll play this beautiful game anytime.




Take care!

Eric

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip all around. Some beautiful terrain there. I admire tables like that, but way more time than I am willing to invest for a single scenario. I suppose if you run it multiple times at multiple shows it may be worth it. Me. I'd just paint more troops to feed my megalomania! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter, I love great terrain in games, but you have a method of painting that satisfies your gamer soul! No need to waste that on making one-off terrain!

      Delete
    2. Very much a "too each their own" kind of thing for sure! :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks ERIC for showing us the photos of the collection of various Games - great stuff. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun, Eric. Some great scenery. Hey, in that zombie game, where were the zombies? I barely saw any around in those pics?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, great scenery and games. Looks like you had fun, Eric, despite your die rolling. Hey in that zombie game, where were the zombies? Normally those have a horde of shambling uglies. The pics had almost none I could see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, most of the Zombies were in two HORDES. One was chasing four other players, the other was chasing two other players. I was fairly safe, until I broke out the survivors from the hospital and had to fight a dozen plus Zombies in the hospital and the dozen or so outside the hospital that arrived after I made a ton of noisy freeing the doctors\nurses.

      Delete
  5. I was in Atlanta in January and had no idea there was some sort of show on relatively close by. I'll have to Google cons in the US in future. Does the Atlanta crew have a name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a facebook page if you want to ask to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/346866126332129 ManCave Brotherhood of Gaming

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I'll look into it

      Delete